My Name is Zohar Elkayam, I’m 42, married, and a father of two.
I live in Shoham, Israel.
- I’m a NoSQL/data expert – currently focused on the Key-Value/Multi-model database, Aerospike.
- Before that, I was an Oracle DBA between 1998 and 2018 – both on the application and infrastructure sides. I’ve been a senior consultant since 2007, and a team leader since 2009. My specialties were Oracle database core technologies, database administration, performance tuning, development, and high availability/DRP solutions.
- I’m also a programmer – familiar with multiple languages: Java, C#, Python, and Golang – although I don’t consider myself an expert in any of them. See my GitHub profile to see what I am up to.
- I am currently working as a Solutions Architect and Consultant Director at Aerospike Israel.
In my previous roles, I was the CTO for the data consulting company Brillix, and before that I was the Service Director of database and BI at Glasshouse.
- I volunteered at the Israel Oracle User Group (and was part of its board), and organized meetups.
- I was an official trainer for the Oracle University, and did a lot of public speaking in Oracle and Big Data related events, user groups, and SIGs (OOW, IOUG, ODTUG, UKOUG, DOAG, BGOUG, HrOUG, to name a few).
- I am the technical editor for the book “Advanced SQL Query Techniques” by Amiel Davis (published in Hebrew) which was released in 2011.
- I was recognized for my contribution to the Oracle community worldwide and was added to Oracle ACE Program in 2014. I am an Oracle ACE Alumni since 2018.
You can read more about me on my Linkedin page.
You can contact me using this page, using my twitter account @realmgic or using my email (zohar.elkayam [at] gmail.com).
Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer